Ataccama DQ Analyzer Review

Helps us understand data quality, from multiple sources, in layman's terms

What is our primary use case?

DQA is a data profiler.

How has it helped my organization?

My organization's requirement was to build a centralized, quality data repository by accumulating client data from various source systems. This tool helped in understanding the quality of the data available in each system. By understanding the existing data from various source systems, we were able to arrive at the requirements for a data quality plan, and create a separate plan to improve the data quality.

What is most valuable?

The data profile itself is excellent. You can understand the quality of the data in layman's terms.

What needs improvement?

Although DQA can fetch data from most of the commonly used data sources, it has limited modifiers to get data, meaning that the number of technologies from which the data can be acquired is limited. For example, DQA does not support fetching data from Twitter or Facebook. Many competitors have this feature.

What other advice do I have?

DQA is similar to Ataccama ONE. One difference is that DQA is an IDE-based data profiler. The IDE is built on Eclipse. All you have to do is import the data and set up the metadata of that data, write the data and select profile. This gives you the complete profile of the data, detailing the data quality and consistency.

I would rate it an eight out of 10. It has most of the necessary features needed, and almost all features available in a competitor's product. However, there is scope for improvement.

1 visitor found this review helpful