Atos DirX Identity Management Review

Valuable Features

The flexibility of the product. I have not found customer requirements that could not be implemented with DirX Identity.

Improvements to My Organization

The answer to this would be the same for any product, not DirX specific.

Room for Improvement

The product provides an excellent framework but could use some polish on the front end to reduce the amount of configuration required for basic tasks.

Use of Solution

I have been working with IAM products for 17 years and have worked with a variety of them. Since 2000 I have worked with the DirX product on many projects but have also done projects based on other products. Currently I am working on a project using Sailpoint IIQ.

No. Where I have been asked to correct deployment issues they have been caused by poor design or a bad implementation by another vendor.

No. Where I have been asked to correct stability issues they have been caused by poor design or a bad implementation by another vendor.

No. Where I have been asked to correct scalability issues they have been caused by poor design or a bad implementation by another vendor.

Most business is through a partner so it depends on the partner.

Technical support is good but is based in Europe and is only 8x5 CET.

Implementation Team

Every implementation I have seen has been via the vendor or a partner.

Other Solutions Considered

Yes I have worked with customers through evaluation periods where they have looked at multiple products.

Other Advice

Research the partner you are working with to do the implementation and the individuals that will be leading it. This is the same regardless of which product you are implementing. I have seen far more implementation issues with various products over the years be caused by bad implementations rather than bad products.

Also be sure to look into supplementing the 8x5 product support if you don't have an experienced staff on hand.

1 visitor found this review helpful