AWS Security Hub Review

Good infrastructure insight, stable, but regional restrictions need lifting

What is our primary use case?

This solution is for security posture management for the cloud. It will show the security posture of your cloud infrastructure. It can be used for mapping and it can give you a good insight into whether your infrastructure is secure or not.

What is most valuable?

Finding out if your infrastructure is secure is a valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

The solution will only give you insight if you have configure rule enabled. It should work more like Prisma Cloud and Dome9 which have a better approach.

The product should not be a region restriction product. It should be global. It should give you the visibility of all the instances that you have for one account, be it in one region or many regions. There should be visibility of all the region in one place.

I have been using the solution for two years.

I had no issues with the stability of the solution.

We have contacted the technical team regarding removing the global restrictions in the product. They have advised us that this is in their roadmap for the future. We have worked with them closely on many issues.

What other advice do I have?

I rate AWS Security Hub a seven out of ten.

Private Cloud
Find out what your peers are saying about Amazon, Microsoft, Splunk and others in Security Information and Event Management (SIEM). Updated: June 2021.
512,221 professionals have used our research since 2012.