Bitglass Review

Provides the level of protection that we need for BYOD devices, but they need to mature their SASE solution

What is our primary use case?

The use case is around protecting data on BYOD devices where users can access any type of data.

How has it helped my organization?

It is overall a good solution for securing against data breaches and attacks, but there is no 100 percent guarantee in software. We feel that it is a pretty solid product for protecting data on the public cloud.

The solution’s AJAX-VM provides constant reverse proxy uptime. It has been very positive for our security operations. When people are trying to access the SaaS solution, it protects us from downloading any of that data and experiencing any type of attacks.

We mostly use it for CASB. It has a very light weight impact in that it doesn't really affect anything from an operations perspective. It is helping our monitoring, which results in better security, threat protection, or security posture.

When we have had enhancement requests, they have been able to fulfill those based on our changing needs. Therefore, we feel it's a pretty good solution.

What is most valuable?

Depending on the company, the data leak prevention or protection is the most valuable feature. DLP is the capability that we leverage.

We leverage the impossible travel event type of capabilities and the reverse proxy capabilities. They protect and provide data protection, which basically help us with unauthorized access and protecting data on all transactions. This is important. These features focus on cloud applications, and that's where we use them.

We have tested and monitor how the solution secures us against data leakage. We feel that it is pretty good from that perspective.

Through their security portal, that is where we configure policies and any sort of security. This positively affects our security operations. We can go to one place and make the changes we need to, which saves time by providing easy access.

What needs improvement?

They need to mature the SmartEdge Secure Web Gateway (SASE) solution. It is still very early as a product based on industry standards.

Two years.

The stability is excellent. We have not seen any issues.

We have not seen any latency issues, whatsoever. It has been very seamless.

The solution's overall uptime is excellent.

The solution is pretty scalable. Right now, we have 12,000 end users on it.

We do plan to increase usage by expanding the solution to five other applications. We find the solution to be integrable.

Initially, we had some challenges that Bitglass resolved quickly. The challenges were around communication. There didn't seem like there was the right level of communication within the Bitglass organization. Once we brought the issues up at a higher level, then they were resolved.

We have found the technical support to be responsive. The turnaround time is within an hour or two.

At a previous organization, I used Netskope.

My current organization did not previously use another solution.

The initial setup was complex. We had special use cases, which needed to be addressed. There was a little more configuration needed for data protection.

The deployment took two months to get the resources design completed.

For the use cases that we had identified, we PoC the solution first as part of our evaluation criteria. When we saw the results from it, then we were able to move ahead with design and roll up.

We did the deployment ourselves with one architect and two engineers.

It is definitely providing us value.

We have our pricing by user. We do our pricing agreements annually. There are also additional costs for maintenance.

We also looked at Microsoft and McAfee's CASB: MVISION Cloud (formerly Skyhigh Networks). The biggest goal that we had with Bitglass was our use case was actualized on BYOD. We could not get those other solutions to really provide the level of protection we were looking for coming in from a BYOD device.

We have used competitive solutions that rely on private cloud architectures. Bitglass's uptime is very good in comparison.

In comparison to Netskope, Bitglass has better ease of implementation. Also, Netskope was where they said the product was two years ago.

What other advice do I have?

The product works, and their organization is pretty dynamic.

Get a very clear understanding of your use case before bringing the product in. That applies to all CASBs because there are different problems for different people. I feel like a lot of people think this type of solution can solve every problem. You have to figure out what problem you're going to solve, e.g., data protection or user access. From there, the idea is to jump in and bring it on.

This industry, as a landscape, is changing from a product perspective. I see CASB converging with other Zero Trust solutions. I am prepared to see evolution of this industry sector because of the changing cloud needs.

I would rate this solution as a seven out of a 10. SASA and some other things are a bit premature. As an organization, they have not been in business for a very long time. That comes with some level of challenges. We had an initial support challenge, which got resolved, but that kind of highlighted, as a software company, they're still maturing and productizing their product.

SaaS
More Bitglass reviews from users
...who compared it with Netskope CASB
Learn what your peers think about Bitglass. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,817 professionals have used our research since 2012.