CampusNexus Student Review

The features that are most valuable are auto-triggers for activities, an integrated portal, and automated student status changes. There is nothing that will help with standards-based grading.

What is most valuable?

The features that save us time are the most valuable.

• Auto-triggers for activities and documents
  • An integrated portal
  • Automated SAP calculation
  • Automated student status changes

It is a good solid modular SIS that has been around for quite some time. The company is continually improving their products with multiple upgrades during any given year. CampusNexus Student provides everything needed in an SIS. The additional modules provide a great deal of functionality.

How has it helped my organization?

When a lead enters the system, many of the documents that we used to send out manually are now sent out automatically and electronically through CampusVue.

Documents from students are now uploaded by the students through CampusPortal. When this is done, an electronic copy is stored within the database and is accessible through the student record.

What needs improvement?

• CampusPortal is in need of an update: This is coming later in 2017.
  • Clock hour programs work OK in CampusVue, but they are not setup as well as credit programs
  • Grading is centered around letter grades. There is nothing in CampusVue that will help with standards-based grading.

I have been using this solution for over ten years.

We have experienced little, if any, problems with stability.

We have experienced little, if any, problems with scalability.

I would give technical support a rating of 3/5. In the past, I would have rated this higher. Lately, it seems to depend on the nature of your support issue. We open very few support tickets. Having someone on campus that has CampusVue experience is a huge benefit.

It's not difficult to setup, but there are so many options to be considered. If your process is well documented and thought out, the setup of CampusVue is straightforward. If not, then the setup will be more difficult and possibly less successful.

I would probably start with the hosted CampusNexus solution. Currently, CampusNexus hosted comes with a full catalog of APIs, plus some additional features that are included.

I would pay attention to your active student count and those licenses. Once they're bought, they cannot be removed. You're billed annually for all your student licenses, regardless of your actual student population.

What other advice do I have?

I would suggest going to other schools and seeing how they use this product before designing your system. There are many ways to get things done in CampusVue. Your current process may not translate well into CampusVue.