Check Point Application Control Review

Stable, scales well, and you can use it to protect against everything

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is security, threat prevention, antivirus, and ransomware. You can use it for everything.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the protection from threats.

What needs improvement?

This solution could be easier to manage.

The security features could be enhanced, and the price could be lower as well.

I have been familiar with this solution for a year and a half.

This solution is stable and we have not had any issues.

This solution scales nicely.

We have not contacted technical support as of yet.

The initial setup was a bit difficult. Every product has its own difficulties and many products are not equal to each other, which is the reason why it was a bit difficult.

You have to know the features and where they are located and how they work, the logic and even with the logic you have, you don't know the configuration.

The deployment took one week.

We have our team. We implemented this solution ourselves.

It's a bit expensive and it could be cheaper, but it's part of business politics.

We did evaluate other options but they are approximately the same. They may have some differences, but at first glance, they don't appear to have differences in the functions.

What other advice do I have?

It's a good solution and I suggest it. In general, it can be improved but it's good enough.

Learn what your peers think about Check Point Application Control. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: April 2021.
475,291 professionals have used our research since 2012.