Check Point Harmony Mobile Review

Good support, facilitates secure access of company resources and working from home

What is our primary use case?

We are a technology services company and our clients and employees are working from across the world. We have Check Point as a perimeter Firewall device in all our offices and all the devices are with R80.30 with the latest hotfix.

During this Covid-19 pandemic, we have enabled Check Point Remote access for our employees, so that they can access the office resources from their mobile device, home desktop, or laptop.

Now, they are able to access our resources from their own machine or remote devices and we can say that our employees are doing work from anywhere.

How has it helped my organization?

We have the Check Point perimeter firewall, which is in a cluster.

Our internal resources or applications we have published over SSL VPN and we have enabled remote desktop for those users who are working from home. This means that they are able to access our local applications and remote desktop.

This is also clientless, so users/employees can work from their mobile devices as well.

We also make sure that proper security is in place as well.

What is most valuable?

In Check Point Mobile access, we are using the SSL VPN for our onsite/work from home users/employees, and in this scenario, we have to secure our organization as well as our users.

In this SSL VPN, multifactor authentication (MFA) is one of the very good and valuable features for us. We have applied MFA so that no one can bypass this security and the users/employees can access their resources very easily, securely, and seamlessly. This feature is the most valuable for Remote Access

What needs improvement?

We can say that this is a very good solution but Check Point has to reduce the cost. The cost is huge compared to other products, and it seems this solution is only for companies with a large budget.

If Check Point can reduce the cost with all of the required security software blades then this product can be used by companies with a medium level of budget, as well.

We are using Check Point Mobile Access from April 2020.

This is a stable product.

This solution is scalable. We have 300+ users.

The technical support is good.

We did not use another similar solution prior to this one.

The initial setup is very easy and straightforward.

We had assistance from the vendor team.

What other advice do I have?

This is a very good solution for WFX.

In the time that we have been using this product, we can say that there have been no major challenges or issues that we have faced. All of our clients' and employees' feedback is very positive and they are very satisfied with this solution.

They are accessing the company resources seamlessly, and we are also planning to better secure our clients. We are evaluating this feature with remote access, and it is effective.

More Check Point Harmony Mobile reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Check Point Harmony Mobile. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
510,204 professionals have used our research since 2012.