Check Point SandBlast Review

If there's any malicious content in any of your files it gets segregated so it doesn't affect any of your existing infrastructure or network traffic

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is for file extraction. We send it out to SandBlast to open up the file to see if there is any malicious content in the file. We then send it back into the client environment.

How has it helped my organization?

SandBlast has opened us up to a lot more opportunities where we can offer this service to clients. This way they don't have to go to a third-party to get this specific solution. It comes in the Check Point Infinity package, so it has helped us a lot.

What is most valuable?

We like that we get to segregate our network. If there's any malicious content in any of those files it gets segregated so it doesn't affect any of your existing infrastructure or network traffic.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see different types of network traffic that we could actually analyze, not just files, but the users as well.

The stability is good. R80.10 is really stable. It just has high usage of resources, but other than that, it has been a very stable product.

The scalability is very good. It is easy to scale and use.

The technical support could use some work, but it's okay. It's a little bit of a tedious process to get through.

If you know what you're doing, then the initial setup is pretty straightforward.

We implemented in-house.

The customer wanted this solution. They purchased the blade.