Check Point SandBlast Review

Has caught some harmful attachments and downloads

What is our primary use case?

We use the Threat Emulation blade feature on the Security Gateway.

How has it helped my organization?

It has caught some harmful attachments and downloads.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that attachments to emails and downloads from the web are being emulated in the cloud. We see some malicious downloads and attachments, but it is not a lot. I am thinking about enabling the Threat Extraction blade now.

More than five years.

Most of the time stability is okay, but sometimes, we're not able to contact the cloud. It won't last for long. The product could be faster. Other than that, the stability is okay.

We don't have any problems with scalability. It depends on the bandwidth because we are talking to the cloud.

We don't use technical support directly. We work with our partners, and only if it's a big problem do we deal with Check Point directly. The techs contact me directly.

In the beginning, Check Point was just a firewall. It is much more than that now. We have been using the product for over 20 years.

The initial setup was straightforward, but we had some technical issues. It was something to do with the release that we were using. So, we had to do some patching. After a few weeks of tuning, it was okay.

We implemented through our partner, SecureLink, or I did the implementation myself. During the implementation phase, there were some issues and we received some help from the technical support at Check Point.

SecureLink is a good company. They acquired a smaller company, which was our partner.

Our ROI is confidence in knowing that things out there that we didn't know about before are being stopped.

We would like to try the Threat Extraction blade, but you need to buy a license. Check Point is expensive.

I would like to buy things, but I would need the funding. There is room for improvement here.

We have also looked at Palo Alto and Fortinet. At this point, we know the Check Point product and have a history with it. The management part of Check Point's product is very good.

I was involved in the decision-making process from the technical side.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it an eight out of ten. It is not a ten simply because nothing is perfect.

I would advise someone considering this solution to get a Threat Emulation license and try it out.