Cloudability Review

It is fast in terms of pulling up data and displaying it

What is our primary use case?

The primary use is for billing management software. It not only provides detailed billing of everything, but it also provides insight into how to optimize our infrastructure. It tells us where the overruns are and where there are places for optimization.

How has it helped my organization?

It has already given us insight into how to optimize. So, we are now ramping up steadily its usage.

What is most valuable?

It is fast in terms of pulling up data and displaying it.

Cloud Optimization runs through the system, then tells you, "You could've used these resources. This resource was running, but not utilized that much." It gives you metrics of how the whole infrastructure is used. It ties the metrics to building, in some cases saying, "You paid for something that you didn't use that much."

What needs improvement?

There is always room for improvement in education and training. We are not that mature in terms of our automation. It could help us identify where we could optimize in terms of build.

Less than one year.

I haven't seen any stability issues.

We're using a SaaS environment. The SaaS environment has an SLA which automatically scales up depending on our needs, so we don't have to worry about scalability.

I have heard that the technical support is very receptive to providing additional capabilities to whatever the customers needs may be.

We used to have Tableau before, but it is not a building software. We would have to pull the data into Tableau on top of it. Tableau is nice, but the whole process was slow. With Cloudability, the process is  few seconds and you can get what it would have taken several hours for it to download the data in Tableau, then you can massage it and get it up and running.

We chose Cloudability as a solution because it satisfied some of the critical needs of what we wanted:

• We wanted LDAP integration.
  • In terms of core functionality, we wanted to be able to easily slice and dice to be able to see the details of all the charges, which Cloudablity made it very easy to do.
  • The clinching factor was the insight it provided to optimize resources. This was pretty impressive.

It integrated seamlessly.

It is a little too soon to discuss ROI.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Cloudability to other people. If you are looking for a seamless, simple to use, and in-depth, cloud, building analysis tooll, Cloudablity serves all these purposes. It manages all my needs.

We are using the AWS SaaS version.

AWS
More Cloudability reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Cloudability, Microsoft, VMware and others in Cloud Cost Management. Updated: January 2021.
455,108 professionals have used our research since 2012.