CloudEndure Disaster Recovery Review

What is most valuable?

The ability to replicate our database and our data from one cloud to another is the most valuable feature. We are using it for disaster recovery so we replicated all our databases from Rackspace Cloud to Amazon Cloud. We moved from Rackspace to AWS because we didn't want to end up in a situation where we would be locked, so we chose to replicate our databases to another public cloud.

How has it helped my organization?

We are currently only using it for disaster recovery but are planning to migrate.

What needs improvement?

It could be a bit more automated. When we wanted to start using replicated data, the process was complex. For example, with Amazon we needed to stop replication of CloudEndure, and needed to create another instance of our server. Only after that are we able to start using the data, and by then the data is outdated. Therefore, the data becomes outdated quickly. To actually start replicating the data, I need to start a manual process which takes time.

We've used it for four months so far primarily for disaster recovery.

We had issues, but it was because we needed to use a specific instance of a server in order to make CloudEndure work perfectly. I suggest that you use experts when you start using it.

It’s very stable. We haven’t experienced any problems since the system became operational.

We're only replicating database servers – 20 servers. However, in total data, our website is ranked #475 in the world. All our operational databases are replicated using CloudEndure.

It's very high. We have good relations with all levels of management in the company, including the CTO and their architects, so their customer support has been great.

I've never heard of any complaints.

We tried a native solution from Rackspace but it failed.

We set it up as part of a POC and it was easy.

We implemented it ourselves in-house.

It's disaster recovery so you’d need to look at the business data. I'd say that the ROI is extremely high and valuable.

What other advice do I have?

We tried native solutions before, and once we migrate to AWS, we'll try their native solution as well, but we'll still need CloudEndure to replicate between our data centers.