Codebashing Review

When we hire new engineers, it's company policy that they have to complete the Codebashing sessions

What is our primary use case?

We are very seriously using Codebashing. For example, when we have new engineers in the company, it is company policy that they have to complete the Codebashing sessions. During the orientation and onboarding period, all the engineers of our company must complete the Codebashings sessions and many of our customers are doing the same.

We are strategic partners with Checkmarx and we are an internationally certified training center for Checkmarx and Codebashing.

What is most valuable?

From an academic point of view, Codebashing is a very good product because it is based on gamification. This is especially true if you don't have any idea about secure code training. It is one of the best tools in the world to learn secure coding. The product explains very well how vulnerabilities can be found and how programmers can develop securely.

What needs improvement?

My expectation is that the customers should be able to develop their own quizzes, because it's their learning methodology. Indeed, Codebashing is a context E-learning platform that sharpens the developers' skills to fix vulnerabilities and develop secure codes, expanding on the learning by doing concept work and using the gamification methodology. Codebashing teaches developers the principles of secure coding and helps them sharpen their security skills in the most efficient way. So if customers would be able to define their own quizzes or exams, it would be very good. That is the only missing part that I see - customer based scenarios, examinations and quizzes, the rest is excellent.

They released Codebashing two years ago and we started working with them very closely as soon as they announced it.

Codebashing is extremely stable.

The initial setup is extremely easy. You don't need anything. Even a child can use it very easily. You don't need to install anything, it is web-based. You can use it very easily.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anyone considering using Codebashing is to try the free version on their web page first. I would advise them to use the free version to understand the concept and to play with the program and only then to consider purchasing it.

On a scale of one to 10, I would rate Codebashing a nine.

Find out what your peers are saying about Codebashing vs. Veracode Security Labs and other solutions. Updated: September 2021.
536,114 professionals have used our research since 2012.