Codenomicon Defensics Review

Product security tests for switches and router sections

What is our primary use case?

Presently we are using Codenomicon Defensics for a few suites, only for testing. we are doing few open floor tests. Nexus is the one which we will use for European testing. For US usage testing, we will use Codenomicon.

How has it helped my organization?

It tests for switches and router sections. We use it for product testing. We will get the license and then bring it back to the IT team.

What is most valuable?

The product is related to US usage with TLS contact fees, how more data center connections will help lower networking costs.

What needs improvement?

Codenomicon Defensics should be more advanced for the testing sector. It should be somewhat easy and flexible to install.

What I see in the documentation isn't that. Even if something doesn't malfunction, sometimes it is hard to install and execute. The product needs video documentation. This would help a lot more.

We have been using Codenomicon Defensics for the last couple of years.

The stability of this product is great. We tested it under multiple constraints. Even on cloud services, it is absolutely stable.

Our spread is scalable. Our internal team is using it. It is mandatory for us to check for every new release for Codenomicon updates.

We are going to use it, but I don't see it increasing from the present levels of usage. Even for our internal releases, we will use it.

The technical support we didn't use much. We take it from our internal IT team. That is the initial source. They will take care of it for clients as well.

We used Nexus sometimes as an alternative to Codenomicon.

The initial setup is straightforward. It is like Fuzz Testing.

What other advice do I have?

We approve and even suggest the product to the people who are doing security testing because this product is far more easy to use.

I would rate Codenomicon with an 8 to 9 out of ten. Unless these tests are passed, we will not go live internationally.