Darwin Review

It has good accuracy for solving complex problems

What is our primary use case?

I have been working on data analytics using Darwin. I have been working more on the data generation part. There were some problems where they wanted us to generate some synthetic data, and I was working on that part.

As for the usage of Darwin, somebody else does that, but I also am getting familiar it.

We were using the last version before 2.0 was released.

How has it helped my organization?

We just load the data, then analyze the data. We just check if some of the data is missing or if there are some outliers in the data. We can analyze the data to see what are the relations between the columns of data.

We create the data and models with Darwin. We use those models and data in products. It's a great help.

It saves some time. Even people who are not fully technical can use it with a little guidance or something. It increases productivity.

Initially, I worked on creating a pipeline. I did this once. It has automatic AI building in its API pipeline.

What is most valuable?

I found Darwin a simple tool. It's a really helpful. It's easy to clean data forwards and backwards when we need to analyze it and to get a quick model.

The solution’s ability to capture complex relationships over time and the resulting accuracy of its predictions is good. You can solve complex problems with it. It's easy to use. It gets good accuracy.

I find it quite simple to use. Once you are trained on the model, you can use it anyway you want.

It was quite comfortable to use.

What needs improvement?

The automatic generation of some models doesn't work. If it was automatic, this would accelerate the work that we do.

As a data scientist, I would find some other tools available for new methods which would be much more interesting because they would give me more control. However, for a normal person who is not yet a data scientist, Darwin would be more helpful for them.

The analyze function takes a lot of time.

I have been working on Darwin for about two to three months.

Darwin is quite stable.

if you give a lot of data to Darwin, sometimes it can hang. It can get stuck, e.g., if you were planning some big training and you want some big data. This is because the analyze function takes too much time. So, maybe scalability could be a problem.

We have about 10 users for Darwin, but not everyone is using it. Right now, two people are actively working on Darwin. The team using it is working on a small project.

The technical support is quite responsive. It's good and fine.

We were previously using open source tools, but nothing similar to Darwin.

It was fairly straightforward.

The deployment took quite a while. It took maybe four and a half months.

We were not given all the data, and it was basically a prototype. It was given to the clients so they could see what the capabilities of the solution are. We had to generate some data and create frames, then we cleaned model. They developed the front-end and back-end, which they just deployed.

As far as I understand, my company is not paying anything to use the product.

What other advice do I have?

Once Darwin went down, then the product went down as well. This was a small issue.

I would rate Darwin as an eight or nine out of 10, as a nontechnical person. I would prefer a tool with more control. A more experienced user would probably rate the product as a six out of 10.