Datameer Review

It has got basic and advanced functions of SQL, but there are issues when saving the workbook or applying any filtering criteria.

What is most valuable?

Datameer has around 400 inbuilt functions that are very useful for any beginner and also it has a good visualization which helps end user to see that how the trend is showing. Datameer has got basic and advanced functions of SQL which is really helpful to extract and filter data.

How has it helped my organization?

Datameer has improved our process of extracting and filtering of data as it's much easier and effective when compared to how we were doing this previously.

What needs improvement?

Although this tool is very good for, it has got some limitations that I think could be removed in later versions. Sometime saving a workbook and applying a filter criteria in that workbook takes too much time to process. Sometimes filters do not work properly if we skip to save the workbook. The auto-save feature is something that I am looking forward to.

It's been around for six to seven months. As of now we just switched to Datameer to extract data from hadoop, so from a learning point of view I am finding it very interesting.

Sometimes while saving the workbook or applying any filtering criteria there are issues.

It's pretty excellent and impressive. Whenever there is a query related to Datameer, we just need to tell them by mail and by the next business day, there will be a reply from them for sure.

No, we are just migrating.

It was not straightforward.

By watching videos on Datameers site, and after passing the exam, I got command over this tool.

ROI is good in the long term.

What other advice do I have?

This tool has some limitations as well which I think can be removed in later patch.