Dell EMC RecoverPoint for Virtual Machines Review

Has good stability but does not have multi-tenant capabilities

What is most valuable?

Overall the product is really good. Unfortunately, it just didn't quite fit our needs.

What needs improvement?

The solution does not have multi-tenant capabilities. It's one of the reasons that we ultimately decided to move away from the solution.

The solution lacks cloud usability. If it did, it would be much better for us.

The solution is not easy to use. It's actually quite hard. If it could be simplified it might be better for the end user.

We've been using the solution for five or six years so far.

The solution is quite stable. We haven't experienced any kind of bug or glitch. We haven't experienced crashes.

We've never reached out to technical support. I can't speak to how well they assist their clients.

We did previously use a VM application and Zerto. However, we haven't used anything else.

We cannot use EMC RecoverPoint when we use cross-hypervisor platforms, like Hyper-V to VMware, VMware to Hyper-V, et cetera. We can, however, use it in Zerto. Also, Zerto has multi-tenant capabilities. EMC RecoverPoint does not, but EMC RecoverPoint is better in that it has better results in one usage. This is the best feature that EMC RecoverPoint has.

The initial setup is quite complex. It's not straightforward at all.

In comparison to other solutions, like Zerto, the pricing is quite high. It's not the cheapest solution.

What other advice do I have?

We are a service provider and we used to use EMC RecoverPoint. However, we couldn't sell it for our infrastructure because it does not have multi-tenant capabilities. It is just for enterprises. That's why we dropped it.

I would rate the solution at around seven out of ten. If it was easier to use, had multi-tenancy, or was able to be used across hypervisor applications I might rate it a bit higher.

More Dell EMC RecoverPoint for Virtual Machines reviews from users