Dell EMC Unity XT Review

Gives us an advantage over traditional storage resources

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for our databases. We also use some of the applications provided.

How has it helped my organization?

It is a hassle-free storage environment that helps us manage our hardware. The upgrades are helpful and it makes our organization a more productive environment.

What is most valuable?

We like the way it integrates with our environment. These features help us use multiple soft applications. The new features of going off the grid and replicating really help us. They give us an advantage versus traditional storage resources.

What needs improvement?

We would like an AI feature that would protect the backup and minimize the consumed space so that we can maintain the quality of the backup. This would help us minimize our IT cost in terms of backup procedures.

In addition, we would like to see the solution integrate easier with any cloud provider. There is a rising demand for moving to the hybrid cloud environment and Dell EMC needs to integrate to these needs.

It is stable.

It can easily scale up to meet our requirements.

We have had good experiences with tech support.

We used VNX previously and although it was fast, the performance was poor.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Reseller.
More Dell EMC Unity XT reviews from users