Dell InTrust Review
​It has​ good compression so we are able to retain logs for three years for our internal controls and can pinpoint issues to the auditors if needed.

What is most valuable?

It's an event log management solution that gathers event logs from the main Microsoft System, especially for Active Directory, Exchange, and databases. It's mainly used for compliance for the auditors and for our internal controls. It has good compression so we are able to retain logs for three years for our internal controls and can pinpoint issues to the auditors if needed.

How has it helped my organization?

We are now able to run to 27001 ISO and we have also improved our internal security system to track our employees. We can track who has access to what and who has touched what - who, what, when, and where. This information is sent to the Chief Security Officer and uses this to pinpoint issues for fraud and internal investigations.

We can reach IAM solutions within the organisation, and trials with accessing peer accounts and who is attempting to access applications that they are not supposed.

What needs improvement?

I would be very happy if Dell could focus more on the cyberspace. It's network security needs to improved, as these are the most important issues in the 21st century, and they are lacking on this focus at the moment.

We deployed it across the organisation five years ago.

There were no issues at all.

It has never crashed.

There were no issues scaling it across the organisation for the internal security department

It's pretty good, there are two releases per year.

It was easy to set-up and install, and once it's done it starts collecting logs and information straight away.

We considered HP Arcsight Logger but it was complicated and difficult to install, while InTrust is easy and simple.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Partners