Dell PowerEdge VRTX Review

Perfectly simple and efficient for small to mid-size companies

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for the branch office of our company which doesn't need a lot of IT. It's a good solution when you don't need so much IT. We have about 100 users.

What is most valuable?

The fact that you have computer storage in a very small factor is valuable.

What needs improvement?

I think the networking parts of this solution could be improved.

In a future release I'd like to be able to increase storage, that would make a big difference.

I've been using this solution for five years and have just implemented the recently released latest version.

Stability is fine.

Scalability could be improved. I don't need to scale the product any further but I think there would be other companies that would want to do this and will realise that it's not so scalable.

I haven't had contact with technical support for a long time. In the past they were fine.

I'm not sure that there is any competition in this specific solution. I haven't used any other products for this purpose.

Initial setup took less than a day and I did it myself.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this product a nine out of 10.

More Dell PowerEdge VRTX reviews from users
...who compared it with HPE ConvergedSystem
Learn what your peers think about Dell PowerEdge VRTX. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: April 2021.
474,857 professionals have used our research since 2012.