Devart dbForge Studio for SQL Server Review

Easy to use, quick data usage, and a helpful knowledge base

What is our primary use case?

This solution is used for data storage of our applications.

What is most valuable?

The features that I find are the most valuable are easy querying, screen objects, relational diagram creation, and simplicity.

I do quite a bit of querying of data information, written information, pulling data, and writing data.

What needs improvement?

The only issue that I have is that it depends on hardware resources, it takes a lot, that is the only set back with the solution.

What we are using is fine for now. I believe that the newer versions 2016 or 2018 SQL have improved a lot and have all of the features available.

It would be useful to have some form of self-service capabilities or some form an AI to provide a summary and to be able to tell you what has happened. Also, the inclusion of some integration tools would be helpful.

In the next release, I would like to see some form of artificial intelligence with some form of summaries telling you what has happened without having to get into a complex query to get that information.

I have been dealing with this solution for over five years.

This solution is stable, it's very good.

I don't have any experience with the scalability, but I would say that it is scalable.

We have 20 to 30 people using this solution.

I have not contacted technical support. If I have an issue, I search or I query the knowledge base.

The initial setup is straightforward in comparison to other solutions that are complicated.

I did not use an integrator. If you do your research it points you in the right direction.

Because it's the 2012 version, it's a one-off enterprise license that we have never had to upgrade. It's a perpetual license that you install and that's it.

There are additional fees to this solution.

What other advice do I have?

Based on my experience it's easier to use, and there are a lot of resources online that can give you a headstart. By comparison, Oracle Database is complicated to use.

I like the ease of use and quick data usage.

2012