DNIF Review

Fast and stable but needs better intelligence feeds

What is our primary use case?

We have integrated all our network devices, our servers, and our applications as well as some customized applications. We use the solution to collect the logs. We track items such as unsuccessful logins, any identical opening identification, repeated use of passwords within a certain timeframe, unsuccessful login attempts, etc.

What is most valuable?

The process is quite fast. It's basically on a loop.

The typing of passwords onto a new application account is very simple.

What needs improvement?

The vendor is fairly new and it's not as big as some of the international competitors. It's not a mature product. If you ask them to move data, it might take a lot of time.

There needs to be more knowledge sharing with the team in order to develop out the product.

The solution needs to come up with its own intelligent feeds. They had a form of tech management that they are probably not updating anymore. It's something they need to work on.

I've been using the solution for more than two years.

The solution is quite stable and offers good performance. It also works on a virtual machine. We haven't found any issues with it so far. It's been reliable.

The solution is scalable. If a company needs to expand, it shouldn't have trouble doing so.

Currently, we have about 40-50 devices on the solution. User-wise, we have about 50 people on it.

We haven't had too many instances in which we had to reach out to technical support. Mostly, we went through an integrator. However, there were times I had to escalate. It's a small team. I was able to speak directly to the CEO. He even came to our office for a visit.

We didn't previously use a different solution. This is the first solution we've used for this type of service.

The initial setup was straightforward. It was not complex. We were a new company, so we were starting from scratch, which made it easy to set things up. We didn't have packages we needed implemented individually.

When it came to deployment, first we just took the responsibility of ensuring that all logs started coming into the data store. Then we casually started taking some of the use cases that came along with it. Shortly after that, when our application started coming, we implemented it. The first set of integrating applications included 40 devices. In the end, it took about two or three months.

We implemented the solution with the assistance of integrators.

We didn't look at other vendors before choosing this solution. We planned ahead specifically with this solution.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer. We're not a partner or reseller.

While we use the on-premises deployment model, our data center is outsourced, and we have dedicated servers for it.

Other companies should see the capability of the tool to integrate into their current solution. It's something they should look into.

Since I don't have much experience with other solutions, and can't compare it to anything, I'd rate the solution six out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about NETMONASTERY, Splunk, IBM and others in Log Management. Updated: May 2021.
479,894 professionals have used our research since 2012.