Exinda Review

Makes it easier for us to improve the efficiency of our troubleshooting process but technical support is lacking

What is our primary use case?

We mainly use Exinda for traffic management, to make sure that our customers' traffic is prioritized.

Some of our customers don't want certain traffic to go through the network, so we can block or limit it.

How has it helped my organization?

We have voice applications that need to be prioritized. The voice would be terrible without Exinda.

We can analyze the performance of the different applications. It's used as a troubleshooting tool. It makes it easier for us to improve the efficiency of our troubleshooting process. It allows us to see what's going on.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ability to create policies where we can tailor them to the customer. It enables us to prioritize apps and users for bandwidth.

Exinda allows us to see what's happening with our network and apps. We can actually monitor stuff in real-time.

What needs improvement?

Exinda has not allowed us to also maintain app performance without buying more bandwidth because we generally allocate a certain amount of bandwidth to our customers. Our bandwidth depends on how many customers we have.

In terms of improvement, one thing that has always frustrated me about it is that when you look at real-time monitoring, you can only filter it by IP address. You can't filter it by anything else. It would be good if we could filter by VLAN.

I have been using Exinda for around five years at my current company but I have around 10 years of overall experience with it.

The stability is okay. The model that we have is not the best in the range. Sometimes we do have issues related to performance. I think it has to do more with the model rather than the product.

They have different models in the range that we could upgrade to.

Quite a lot of people at my company use Exinda for monitoring and to add in policies for customers.

It's currently being used in three locations.

I haven't used support since GFI bought the company but some people I work with have said that the GFI technical support is really terrible.

It's a product we use all the time. I would think we've seen return from it.

The price is okay. Although, our license for Exinda has low bandwidth. I don't know what the price has to be for more bandwidth.

I don't think there are additional costs to the standard licensing. I think you just buy your bandwidth license every year. It's fairly simple.

I'm familiar with Blue Coat and Silver Peak.

What other advice do I have?

One of the concerns that we've had with Exinda is the fact that ever since GFI took over Exinda, they haven't really put in much time into actually developing the product. That would be a concern going forward.

I would rate Exinda a six out of ten. The product's okay, we have concerns about GFI where they're not developing the product and the technical support isn't very good.

7.4.10.
More Exinda reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Riverbed Steelhead
Learn what your peers think about Exinda. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
512,711 professionals have used our research since 2012.