Exinda Review

Can be used as a network orchestrator so you can be sure that the throughput is managed well and everything gets what it needs

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the WAN management feature. You have WAN channel and with Exinda you can have throughput management on that channel. You may have solutions that connect to other sides of your business or to the cloud, for example, and you can know exactly what every solution uses which part of the throughput. Exinda can show you which product uses how much throughput and can help you manage it. You can use Exinda as a network orchestrator so you can be sure that the throughput is managed well and everything gets what it needs. You can choose to put 90% for business-critical applications and leave 10% for not critical applications and Exinda will manage this for you. It will dynamically change the throughput limits depending on how business-critical apps are using the WAN channel. If these apps need 90% they'll get it. But if they need only 50% (less than 90%) of WAN channel width, non-critical applications limits will be dynamically improved.

What needs improvement?

It will be great to get ability to work with in cloud infrastructures.

I have been using Exinda for six months.

It's very stable. When Exinda shuts down, it's not a problem for your network because it will only be a cable between the site and a firewall. You won't see any changes.

It runs 24/7.

It's very scalable. Half of it can be a hardware appliance and the other half can be virtual. It can work with smaller channels like 100 megabits or five megabits. But it's not really an enterprise solution. This software is better for SMBs but it really depends. We have larger than midsized companies. It depends on their needs. But it is primarily small and medium-sized businesses.

I am a distributor so I often will act as the support.

It is pretty easy to set up but sometimes companies require more complex setups. Exinda is an optimization solution and it has a lot of features for that but I'm not so familiar with them. It can be complex to deploy but only because of the customer's needs.

The setup will take a minimum of an hour. You need that time to configure it and set up the default settings.

They offer scalable licenses. These licenses can be on different types of solutions; small boxes for a desktop or solutions for data centers. You can choose a big server but not have a big license or you can choose not a big solution for the desktop but have a big license.

What other advice do I have?

My advice would be to be sure to choose the right license. They have a lot of options with a lot of features but you have to be sure to choose the license type that you need.

I would rate Exinda an eight out of ten.

In the next release, I would like to have the ability to work with the cloud.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Distributor
More Exinda reviews from users