F5 SSL Visibility (EOL) Review

A stable solution with good security features, but needs more cloud features and better support and scalability

What is our primary use case?

We did SSL decryption for our F5 load balancer. It is done not only for the server but also for the users who are going outside of the solution.

What is most valuable?

Its security features are very good. It has normal security, and then it has add-on security with a separate license, which I find very good. It is also very stable.

What needs improvement?

It can have more features on the cloud side because we are moving a lot of servers to our cloud. Its support and scalability also need improvement. Currently, their technical support is slow, and its scalability is complex.

It should have integrated SSL decryption with some special machine algorithm to tell us about certain kinds of security issues. Currently, it can decrypt, but it should also provide more information. It can have some kind of algorithm to inform us about how the packets should or shouldn't be. It should inform us when certain things are happening. When users are going to the internet and it sees an abnormal behavior or abnormal type of traffic, it should alarm us about this. It should tell us that there is some kind of strange traffic, and it shouldn't be like that. Currently, it lacks in this aspect.

I have been using this solution for three months.

It is very stable.

Scaling is not easy. They should improve it in terms of scalability and make it scalable for different things, such as for the cloud.

Their technical support is not good in comparison to other network companies. They take a long time to respond. I am not so happy with their support, and I find it cumbersome.

We previously did SSL decryption from the firewall, but the performance was not so good. So, we bought the license for F5. Now we are thinking of implementing this at every location.

It is not so complex, but it is also not so easy. It takes a day to complete the deployment.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate F5 SSL Visibility a seven out of ten.