FireEye Network Security Review

We don't have to react because it stops anything from hurting the network

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case if for zero-day identifying anomalies and zero-day vulnerabilities without requiring signature recognition.

How has it helped my organization?

McAfee didn't even know that there was a vulnerability out there, and this solution found it before McAfee, and then we notified them, and they came up with a patch to remediate that exploit.

What is most valuable?

The zero-day vulnerabilities feature is the most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

Cybersecurity posture has room for improvement.

Three to five years.

It's stable, we haven't had a lot of issues. We get updates when we need them and the vendor is responsive when we have issues.

We have scalability across our whole network. We haven't had any scalability issues at all. It's used daily, as far as for the continuous monitoring required for cybersecurity.

We have the administrators, which is approximately five people that monitor it. Then it's also for our enterprise network, which is over 200k users. They're all sysadmins and cybersecurity engineer type people.

The support from the company has been wonderful. Any time we've had any issues they responded.

I did not set it up, but the setup seemed to be straightforward.

We see ROI in the sense that we don't have to react because it stops anything from hurting the network. We can stop it before we have a bigger mess to clean up.

Pricing and licensing are reasonable compared to competitors.

What other advice do I have?

There may be other tools that do this, but FireEye is part of the defense in depth. What other products miss, FireEye tends to pick up.

I would rate it an eight out of ten.