Forcepoint Email Security Review

Efficiently protects against malicious email contents, but the reporting and dashboards need improvement

What is our primary use case?

We are a distributor of various products, and this is one of the solutions that we provide to our customers.

The primary use case for this solution is filtering spam, junk, and other anonymous emails for malicious contents and sites. It is also used for filtering outgoing emails in terms of viruses and malware content.

How has it helped my organization?

Our clients have given us feedback to say that this product is fairing well, and it is efficiently filtering junk, viruses, and other malicious contents of emails. With businesses running on email now, the companies are completely protected with this solution, and our customers are happy.

What is most valuable?

All of the filtering features are very nice.

What needs improvement?

The reporting functionality needs to be improved, as it is not customizable.

The dashboards can also be improved.

I have been working with this solution for the past two years.

This is a stable solution, although not as much as some others, such as Cisco Email Security

The scalability of this solution is average, as it is not easy to scale the solution once you deploy it. You have to plan for the future in the beginning, with your initial device, from day one. Otherwise, it will be a tedious job for scaling up the solution in later days.

Technical support for this solution is average. In terms of providing a solution, from the technical aspect, and for working on critical issues, they are good. However, the response times are average.

I do not have experience with any other solutions.

The initial setup of this solution is straightforward.

The length of time required for deployment depends on the number of appliances, or the number of devices, that are being deployed. I would say that it takes approximately one day for each appliance.

One person is enough to deploy this solution, and it would be good to have two people for maintenance and management.

We are the distributors, so we integrate and deploy this solution for our customers.

Licensing is a yearly subscription that is based on the number of users. There are no costs in addition to the standard licensing fees.

We have evaluated several products, and together with this one, we present these to our customers.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody considering this solution is to first evaluate the product and understand the features that they need. See whether the solution is capable of handling the requirements. If it can satisfy them, then go ahead and implement. However, I would not recommend purchasing this product before conducting an evaluation.

We are looking forward to seeing new features in the next release of this solution. We are expecting to see DLP, UEBA, and Risk-Adaptive Protection.

There are a lot of limitations on this product when you compare to other products in the market. I would like to see customized reports and dashboards, and technically there are a few other limitations that are supported by other solutions.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.