Hillstone T-Series Review

Is stable but needs to improve communication issues with technical support

What is most valuable?

Price wise, Hillstone T-Series is cheaper than Fortinet FortiGate right now.

It has been stable so far.

Also, Hillstone T-Series has a good technical support team.

What needs improvement?

Although Hillstone T-Series has a good technical support team, the communication issues could be improved.

The initial setup is a little bit more complex.

We have been using it for about three months.

So far, the stability has been okay, but we need to test how it will perform under more stress. We currently have it deployed on-premises and have not put the box under much stress.

They have a very good technical support team, but I think there are some communication issues due to language differences.

From the feedback I've heard from my team, I think the initial setup is easy. However, compared to that of FortiGate, the setup is a little more complex for Hillstone T-Series.

We have a one year license for testing.

In terms of price, we got a much cheaper price than that provided by Fortinet right now.

What other advice do I have?

We found some limitations with Fortinet FortiGate, and we are satisfied with Hillstone T-Series right now. I would rate it at five on a scale from one to ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about Hillstone Networks, Fortinet, Cisco and others in Firewalls. Updated: September 2021.
534,226 professionals have used our research since 2012.