Hornetsecurity 365 Total Protection Review

The feature set is incredibly granular and allows for deep levels of customization

What is our primary use case?

I use this to protect my primary and shared email boxes for my small business.  I only have a few email addresses so getting enterprise-grade protection for a smaller account is normally difficult.

I utilize every feature ranging from Spam Filtering & ATP to the automated encryption and archiving feature.

The best part is, I rarely have to access the portal as everything is set up and tweaked the way I wanted it. But the feature set is incredibly granular and allows for deep levels of customization.

How has it helped my organization?

I don't have to worry about malicious attacks.  My emails are automatically encrypted and automatically archived. This allows me to save time & money.  I do not have to fuss with each and every suspicious email that comes in and I have it set to give me a report every 4 hours.  So I never miss an email and give myself the opportunity to make sure that everything bad is caught and everything good can be allowed through. This service has allowed me to focus on my core environment and ensure the safety of my customer's data.

What is most valuable?

Spam report is nice as it not only tells me what is malicious but allows me to release annoying but unharmful emails in case I wanted to view them.

The automatic encryption feature is nice because encryption is quite frankly, frustrating to understand. All I had to do was configure rules and the rest was history.

The new ATP features to help combat fraud and name spoofing has been very useful.

I like the simplicity of the signature aspect where I can make quick and easy updates to any and all mailboxes on the fly

What needs improvement?

Right now everything is working fine. Everything is out of flash and migrated into HTML5. The customization has come a long way since this product launched in 2018. Searching and finding emails is as simple as ever. I guess I would say maybe quick access to training material for end-users. I know partners have access to this but I as an end-user do not have immediate access to new update information. Maybe I should check the portal more and it may be available, but they made the product in a way where you can easily set and forget.

I have been using this solution since the release, almost two years.

I have had no downtime that I can recall.

Should scale to tens of thousands easily.

I've only contacted them a few times, response was quick.

Office 365 ATP and I did not want to have all of my eggs in 1 basket. Also, Office 365 ATP is limited regarding customization.

With the Azure Directory sync, it took a few minutes.

I did it myself no vendor.

I only pay maybe a few hundred a year but I probably save thousands.

The initial setup took minutes, tweaking everything took maybe an hour to set up to my liking. The costs is very inexpensive compared to other solutions.

• Proof Point