Micro Focus Network Automation Review

It's great because you have a one-unit solution to aggregate network data. Technical support is not very good.

What is most valuable?

It's great because you have a one-unit solution to aggregate network data. So it's one entry point for getting all the configuration into the same dashboard or same application.

How has it helped my organization?

It helps to schedule tasks. We are really thinking about doing a lot of scheduled tasks to ensure that when when an engineer actually runs a script, that the script and the configuration that results after the script runs should be checked. We want all this automated for us.

What needs improvement?

I spoke with some other HPE customers who are using the same solution. They complain about the same thing. That the technical support is not very good. You have to always explain several times the same explanation just to be sure they understand. And every time we ask for an elevation of the case just because it's not getting where we want.

I have been using this solution for more than six years.

We just spoke with some of the product managers. We are getting some serious performance issues that have some serious repercussions for support. They may be working on it, but it takes time. Right now we have some serious performance issues.

It should be scalable. But right now we have some thresholds. We have older devices we are managing and we have some serious performance issues. So it's not that scalable. But the product manager says it should be okay. They have some customers who have many more devices. The application is working, so we are really are hoping that the support will find some clues.

The support is not very good.

When looking for a vendor, I look for reliability. A name is something, but if we have a solution that on every Monday morning the users are complaining because it's not working as it should, you can't count on it. It is difficult to support a solution that's not reliable.

Setup is quite easy right now. From what I saw in a recent presentation, it will be easier in the future because they will use some containerization. It should be even easier in the future. So installation is not quite an issue.