Jitterbit Review

Provides the ability to map data between files and databases.

What is most valuable?

Jitterbit provides the ability to quickly map data between files and databases. Because it is done without much coding, it can be done quickly with a small team and maintained more easily.

How has it helped my organization?

We continue to find more and more ways to leverage the tool. With it, we are able to pull orders from eBay using an API without formal in-house expertise.

What needs improvement?

Looping through complex data structures can be difficult. There should be better documentation to address common scenarios.

I have used this solution for three years.

We had a couple of occasions where performance was impacted due to issues on the Harmony cloud.

So far, we have not encountered any scalability issues.

Support has been responsive and quickly answered our questions.

We used a combination of in-house scripts and old integration tools. Jitterbit is very flexible. Replacing a number of tools with a single, standard, supported tool with a short learning curve was a good choice for us.

The setup was very straightforward. Install the studio, install the agent, and then go.

The Jitterbit price is based upon endpoints. They also offer ERP connectors with their Enterprise edition. If you only need the ERP connector, they will license a custom package based upon your needs.

We evaluated a number of solutions, including writing custom interfaces/scripts. No other solution was an "apples-to-apples" comparison.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure you understand the definition of “endpoint”. The product can become expensive if you are connecting to a large number.

Take advantage of the free trial. You can easily get a simple interface up and running in that time frame to see how the tool works for you.