Kerio Control Review

A reliable solution offering robust performance and security.

What is our primary use case?

Providing Firewall functionality, VPN connectivity and content filtering.

How has it helped my organization?

1. It decreased malware attacks in our network.

2. It improved employee productivity and data security.

What is most valuable?

1. The built-in anti-virus and perimeter security.

2. The VPN feature.

1. The anti-virus and perimeter security functionality minimizes vulnerabilities in our network and better secures our data. This also decreases downtime of devices due to viruses and malware attacks.

2. The VPN functionality has allowed staff to have stable remote connectivity on a secure and encrypted connection. This has improved the ability to get work done smarter and efficiently whilst working remotely (or from home).

What needs improvement?

1. More detailed reporting.

2. Sometimes you get a few challenges joining to a domain.

3. Improved and simplified User Interface.

I have been using Kerio Control for over four years.

It is a stable solution and we have not had any major stability issues in our four years of using it.

It is very scalable. If you are using a Virtual Appliance make sure your hardware specifications are good then you can easily add licenses as your users increase. On hardware Appliances you might have to upgrade to a bigger appliance as your users increase.

The support is fine. The response time can improve.

Yes, we switched due to the favourable pricing, many features and robust performance of Kerio Control.

The initial setup was straightforward. We deployed Hyper-V Appliances and everything worked as it should. Connecting the Appliances to MyKerio was pretty simple and hassle free.

In-house.

Our ROI is very good. The savings we have made after deploying were good. We have saved on downtime of devices due to attacks and man hours of the IT staff attending to these issues. This enabled us to invest time and resources into profitable projects rather than to support.

The setup cost is fair especially of the Virtual Appliances. The annual licensing is easy and priced fairly.

Yes we looked at Cyberoam and Sophos.

What other advice do I have?

Kerio Control is a good solution which is reliable and easy to use.

More Kerio Control reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with SonicWall NSa
Learn what your peers think about Kerio Control. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
509,414 professionals have used our research since 2012.