Kerio Control Review

Enables the ability to remotely control systems to be installed in multiple areas

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is for general network security and VLANs. It's in use 24/7, all the time.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has improved my organization because we can access remotely. With Kerio Control, we can remotely control systems to be installed in multiple areas. The remote connection is valuable for us.

What is most valuable?

The firewall feature is the most valuable.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see them develop a bit more flexibility creating VLANs.

It's a real good product. This version has many features for creating VLANs and also for traffic rules, firewall rules, etc.

Scalability is more than enough. There are over 50 users. Ten of them are management on the business side and about 20 or 30 are part of the crews.

Technical support is good. They respond right away.

The initial setup is a bit complex, but it was fine for our IT department. Deployment took around one month and it only required one person. One person works on it, and it takes him about two or three weeks. Maintenance requires two people.

We did use an integrator. We have an IT manager.

Pricing is good, but the licensing took a lot of time. It was with a company in Europe and we got it with 50 users and wanted to upgrade to unlimited users. They first make it 250 users, then one or two weeks later unlimited. It took two weeks to get an unlimited license. It was strange but if you purchase with unlimited then it's no problem. You get it right away. The upgrade took a lot of time.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to someone considering it.