LogRhythm NextGen SIEM Review

Very helpful for monitoring and alarming, very stable and scalable, and excellent technical support

What is our primary use case?

I use LogRhythm for PCI DSS compliance. All of our devices are sending logs to LogRhythm. I have set up Silent Integrity Monitoring, Data Loss Prevention, Registry Integrity Monitoring, and other alarms for detection, and we do investigations.

How has it helped my organization?

I don't have metrics, but it has really improved the monitoring and alarming for us.

What is most valuable?

File Integrity Monitoring is really valuable because we have it set up on our core assets. This is one of the key features that I utilize. We also use it quite a lot for event management to do reporting.

What needs improvement?

It should have some more message monitoring features. It can also have some free message monitoring tools.

I have been using this solution for about two years.

It has been very stable. There are no major issues. It has been exactly doing what I expected it to do.

It has been very scalable in terms of adding new systems and stuff like that. It has been quite good.

We have plans to increase the usage of LogRhythm. We have some new solutions and new networks coming up. We might be looking to expand within the next two years to onboard new systems.

Technical support has been excellent so far. I never had any issues with technical support. Their support has been excellent.

I didn't use any other solution previously.

It was pretty straightforward. The actual deployment of it took about two days, but the implementation strategy took longer. It took a couple of months for meetings and planning with different experts, project managers, and engineers. They looked at our business requirements and other things.

We have two administrators and two analysts. Four of us are managing the system.

It costs a great amount, but its pricing is competitive with some of the other vendors. For licensing and support, we pay about 20,000. There are no additional costs or anything like that.

When I was looking for a solution, I looked at Splunk and LogRhythm. There was one from SolarWinds as well. Cost-wise, LogRhythm was the one that impressed me the most. Splunk was really good as well, but it was a little too costly.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this solution for compliance requirements, such as PCI DSS compliance. It does cost a great amount, but its pricing is competitive with some of the other vendors. If it is a necessity to have a SIEM solution, I would definitely recommend LogRhythm.

I would rate LogRhythm NextGen SIEM a nine out of ten. It has been really good. So far, my experience has been seamless. They should keep doing what they're doing.

7.4
More LogRhythm NextGen SIEM reviews from users
...who compared it with Splunk
Learn what your peers think about LogRhythm NextGen SIEM. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
533,638 professionals have used our research since 2012.