LogRhythm NextGen SIEM Review

It's reduced the time and effort necessary to manage and review logs and produce reports for regulatory compliance, though their professional services hourly rate is above average.

What is most valuable?

• SIEM
  • File Integrity Monitoring
  • Danned compliance reports (PCI, GLBA, HIPAA).

How has it helped my organization?

The solution has significantly reduced the time and effort necessary to manage and review logs and produce reports for regulatory compliance.

What needs improvement?

No current suggestions.

I've used it for six years.

8/10

10/10

No previous solution was in place.

Our entire implementation was completed in one day.

The vendor team was one of the best we have ever worked with. They were able to work through issues not covered in their implementation manuals quickly, and without further support.

No ROI. The solution is in place to meet PCI compliance and improve our overall security posture.

While LogRhythm's professional services are one of the best we have ever worked with, their hourly rate is generally quoted at a much higher rate than the industry standard. Additionally, the hours necessary for an engagement are also regularly over estimated.

Several other solutions were considered including Q1 Labs (now IBM), EMC, and HP.

What other advice do I have?

There were two primary reasons we selected LogRhythm. First was the ease of implementation, which was extremely simple and straight forward. Second, was the integration of file integrity monitoring. LogRhythm at the time, and I believe still today, was the only vendor that provided a solution that included integrated SIEM and FIM.