LogRhythm NextGen SIEM Review

Provides an eagle-eye view and enables you to delve down granularly and easily

What is most valuable?

For me, the NERC compliance modules are probably the best thing. And the system monitors, they really pick up a lot for me.

It helps you get an eagle-eye view and then delve down granularly. The ease of that is pretty amazing.

How has it helped my organization?

I've got three main datacenters and then I'm processing somewhere in the vicinity of 20 million logs a day. My key challenge is making sure that I'm complying with federal regulations.

It's helping me in my compliance role. Helping me to provide evidence for our audits so that I can show we're doing what we're doing.

What needs improvement?

My main thing I'd like to see is, when you're using canned reports, that they're not blank. If there's no log source say, "No log source", or if it didn't find anything say, "It didn't find anything". I hate blank reports.

I think it's pretty amazing. We have two deployments. My deployment is a small one that is on secured systems. We also have another deployment that's way bigger and for our normal corporate environment. So it fits from small to huge.

I have used LogRhythm tech support and I would say those guys are phenomenal, outstanding. They get back to you quick. If they can't answer it right off the bat they get an engineer to give you a call back, and they follow it through till it's good.

What other advice do I have?

I gave it an eight out of 10 because you can kind of dig around and find what you need, so it's fairly user friendly. And the support that you get from their tech teams is pretty phenomenal.

I'd say definitely give it a look, and talk with them. I would definitely say that the support that you're going to get is well worth it.