LogRhythm NextGen SIEM Review

Enables pivoting through the data in real-time; we can detect and remediate issues more quickly

What is most valuable?

I like the usability of it. I like the web console and the ability to pivot through all the data in real-time.

How has it helped my organization?

We have a pretty varied environment. We have all kinds of compliance. We have PCI, HIPAA, FISMA and the like. We are also a large development shop. It's not as strict as we would like it to be.

As a security organization, our key challenges/goals are just staying on top of everything. The environment changes rapidly, especially with a big dev environment.

Regarding meeting those goals, In the last two months that we've had LogRhythm it's been very good. We ripped out an old SIEM that wasn't quite as easy to use. That has been nice.

The benefits are that it gives us a central pane of view for all of our logs and all the events. Where it's really helped us is that it requires less time to remediate and detect any issues.

What needs improvement?

It's hard to say what should be improved because we're still trying to get an understanding of what the tool does.

I think in all the sessions we have at the LogRhythm User Conference, we'll find out more what the tool does. Then, from there, we'll probably decide if we really wish it would do this or that.

Two months.

I have not personally used it, but a co-worker has. So far, we're very happy with it.

We did have a previous SIEM solution, which was IBM QRadar. One of the biggest reasons we decided to move on from that was cost. The renewal costs from IBM were extraordinarily high. We had already talked to LogRhythm for a different use case, with compliance. We already knew what LogRhythm had to offer.

It was a little bit of both straightforward and complex. There were certain parts of it that were very straightforward. There were other pieces where we just had to get a grip on which log sources we were going to send where, and how to manage it all.

What other advice do I have?

When selecting a vendor, one of the biggest things for us is ease of use. The second is how are they going to be a partner with us?

In terms of advice to someone who is looking into this kind of solution, I would say to look at the long-term costs of any solution that you're looking at.

More LogRhythm NextGen SIEM reviews from users
...who compared it with Splunk
Learn what your peers think about LogRhythm NextGen SIEM. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,431 professionals have used our research since 2012.