Lookeen Review

I can search my Microsoft Outlook emails and my desktop files at the same time.

What is most valuable?

I can search my Microsoft Outlook emails and my desktop files at the same time. I also love the preview function in the search pane.

How has it helped my organization?

We're using a shared index for our company, so everyone in the company is able to search from a single index. That means that each computer has more resources available for other things because they aren’t being used to update an individual index.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see SharePoint integration and possibly even mobile search.

We've used it for nine years.

There were no issues with the deployment.

There have been no stability issues.

We have not had any issues scaling it out.

Customer service has been excellent and very open to feedback.

I previously used Windows Search, which is pretty bad. It wouldn’t search my entire computer at once or it was really slow.

The setup was straightforward. After downloading and go through the install wizard, Lookeen starts indexing after the initial install and searches can be performed while it’s indexing.

We used our own in-house team for the implementation.

Our ROI is very high. When you consider the amount of time saved searching for documents, the price isn’t really a factor.

If you’re going to purchase licensing for your entire company, contact them directly. They offer discounts for bulk purchases.

What other advice do I have?

Use the free trial period to test it out and see if it fits your needs. If it fits, then you can make a purchase.

1 visitor found this review helpful