Mention Review

Filter news items by quality and trustworthiness of source, but customer support needs improvement

What is our primary use case?

Our plan was to develop, with their API, a way to directly import news items into our company news feed on our website. It is not your typical use case. We monitor hundreds of keywords and needed a more robust system with a focus on quality, as opposed to Google Alerts (which is what we were doing before).

How has it helped my organization?

We like the interface on their website, and we like the idea, but we have been customers for six months and have been waiting for some bug fixes on their side to complete the API development. When we started with them, we were clear about our use case and goals. So it's been an extraordinarily slow start, especially considering the price.

What is most valuable?

We like the filtering news items by quality score, which is one of the reasons we are implementing it. This allows us to select from trusted sources/quality level of sources and have them import directly into our system for display on our news feed. We follow A LOT of keywords.

What needs improvement?

I'm sure it's great to use on their own site, but it's just not how we are using it. In the sales cycle, they were very helpful, and in the beginning, their reps were still very helpful. In fact, they still are today but we keep getting switched between customer reps which is confusing.

Six months.