What is most valuable?
Test planning, Test Execution, and Defect Tracking, as these are the code artifacts/deliverables for testing.
How has it helped my organization?
A centralized and unified repository of requirements and testing artifacts with access across geographies in real time, which improved efficiency and efficacy of application lifecycle management, including integration of Test Automation tool (HPE UFT tool).
What needs improvement?
- Integration with other open source test automation tools such as Selenium WebDriver.
- Dashboard reporting including test plan versus test execution progress (overall and module-wise), forecasting test planning or test execution progress based on the past progress run rate.
- More options to slice and dice/analyze defect trends, e.g. open defects count/numbers component wise, open defects count/numbers linked to Test Case IDs, defects linked or converted to change requests (CRs), etc.
- For Agile SDLC support, option to define sprints or iterations, effort estimation, release planning and sprint planning and tracking.
- Ease of reuse of Test Automation scripts for performance testing with HPE LoadRunner integration.
- Mobile Testing support with option to assign/mark test cases for mobile testing with mobile device specification of OS, make, screen size, integration of mobile testing on Cloud e.g. Perfecto Mobile.
For how long have I used the solution?
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
How are customer service and technical support?
Nine on a scale of one to 10.
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?
Had used Quality Center and Test Director in the past and HPE ALM is much more enhanced and useful.
How was the initial setup?
The initial setup is more secure and procedural.
What's my experience with pricing, setup cost, and licensing?
Pricing may be a factor prompting a look at competitor products and differentiators or open source options with limited product features. Licensing could leverage combo packs with HPE ALM such as HPE UFT, HPE LoadRunner, etc, as well as continued usage of product post-expiration of license without upgrade and technical support.
Which other solutions did I evaluate?
What other advice do I have?
Get input regarding the evolving core customer's unmet needs to help choose the right solution.
Which version of this solution are you currently using?