Micro Focus ALM Review

You can include a requirement test case, feasibility of execution, and dashboard reporting for web or mobile applications.

What is most valuable?

It's a very good tool to use for referencing all testing components in the lifecycle of the application end to end. For example, you can include a requirement test case, feasibility of execution, and dashboard reporting for web or mobile applications.

How has it helped my organization?

The benefit is to track coverage of functionality, and to have a stronger application without bugs in production.

What needs improvement?

Integration with other tools would be good, for example, with open-source tools. In the meantime, we do something with JIRA, with Selenium, and so on, and it's good; but we can increase this connectivity with other tools.

For the past month, the solution has been more stable than it has been over the past 10 years. For our mobile center, for example, we started using it this year; but it's not very stable for the moment. ALM, however, is stable.

For the moment, we use it for our projects; but our testing centre is only in one location, and not for offshore. We haven’t had to scale it much.

Technical support depends; frequently, it's not very responsive in resolving our problem, but engineers handle it too late.

In the past, we used a Compuware Solution and an open source solution. We switched to ALM because tracking all activities is better when all your monitoring is on products from the same vendor.

The initial setup was okay.

The IBM solution is very hard to set up and to use. The Silk solution, which is now Micro Focus, is very strong.

With ALM, it’s simple.

What other advice do I have?

Use ALM because it's simple; it has all information you need to communicate with all people involved in a project, whether they are in IT or not IT. This is the aim of the testing lifecycle.

The most important thing when choosing a vendor is that the product is user friendly and can integrate with all your old modules. It helps to have one application rather than multiple applications to connect with all the different companies.