Micro Focus ALM Review

By creating our test cases, executing test cases and then raising defects, it gives us visibility back to our functional requirements.

What is most valuable?

From a testing perspective, creating our test cases, executing test cases and then raising defects, it gives us good visibility back to our functional requirements.

How has it helped my organization?

It’s one product that allows us to do everything from a system test perspective.

What needs improvement?

We’ve seen a couple demos for Octane and Agile Manager. I think the direction it’s going will deliver what we want. At this time, it delivers what we need, but the direction that Octane is going is what I would like to go towards.

We’ve had the product online for about 7 years.

We have not really had any problems with it. It delivers everything that we need.

The way things are going, it’s going in the direction that we would want; with ALM, Octane, and all the types of products that we want.

I don’t use technical support personally. We have another guy that we report issues to and he looks after those.

I was not involved in the initial setup.

What other advice do I have?

From a testing perspective, it is a great product for system test and delivers everything that you need. It gives you the complete package and full visibility from your requirements to creating tests, test execution and defect tracking. Definitely a great tool.

When looking at vendors, we look for reliability, trust. If you do have an issue, you want to know that somebody is going to take an interest in it.