Micro Focus ALM Review

Allows you to arrange your test data in a systematic manner.

What is most valuable?

• Requirements Management
  • Test Management
  • Test Execution
  • Defect Management
  • Business Model
  • Traceability
  • Test configuration
  • Test Parameters
  • Integration with HPE UFT and HPE LoadRunner

All the options are designed so if you are using this tool for Test Management, then you must have them all enabled for efficient use.

How has it helped my organization?

It has basic and advanced facilities that allow you to arrange all of your test data in very well arranged, systematic manner.

What needs improvement?

Graphs can be further improved to manage more requirements at a time.

We have you used this solution for seven years.

We never encountered any issues with stability.

I did not encounter any issues with scalability. It depends on the number of licenses. If you have them all active at the time, it still responds the same way, which is fast.

I would give technical support a rating of 10/10.

We used Excel, but it was so difficult to manage the various Excel files and sheets just like maintaining a register book for your records. ALM allows you to handle them all with just one click.

The initial setup was straightforward as it it required little knowledge of the server to do a simple server-side installation.

If we have huge data and more number of users managing the data, then ALM is the best option for our organization. It also applies if your team is distributed, out-sourced or in-sourced.

We did not evaluate other options. I was aware of their earlier version which had a very good market and feedback, I didn't have to waste my time doing a PoC on any other product.

What other advice do I have?

You must look to implement the minimum system requirements, Configuration, for the server for optimum and efficient use.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We deliver training on HPE Testing tools for HPE on their behalf to HPE clients.