Micro Focus Vibe Review

The speed of opening files and folders is too slow and can be very frustrating

What is our primary use case?

We mainly use this solution for document management and record keeping.

What is most valuable?

What I like most about this solution, is the fact that I can access it anywhere and customize it to my needs. We still have a few teething problems but we are currently using it extensively in our lab. I would still like to use the workflows - I haven't instrumented workflows yet, but I think it can make the solution work even better for me. But the feature I find most valuable, is the accessibility from anywhere.

What needs improvement?

One thing that really needs to improve, is opening files or folders. It takes much longer than when you are getting it to Windows Explorer on the desktop. So if you have a lot of work to do, it can become quite problematic moving around between folders and opening files. So the speed of opening files should be increased. I've worked on different computers with different Wi-Fi and fiber optics systems as well as ADSL, but the speed stays a problem, so it's not just my computer, it's a cloud system thing. A Micro Focus Vibe problem.

I have been using the solution on and off for about a year, but extensively from January this year. We use it on private cloud.

The solution is very stable.

I don't have much experience, but I believe the program is scalable.

We have our own people and if they can't help us, we are automatically connected to the technical team from Vibe. But so far we've managed with everything. It's really just the speed of opening files and folders that we struggle with. The technical team says they can't do anything about it. It's basically a product issue.

It's relatively easy to create folders or workspaces. It's just cumbersome because the files and folders take a while to open. So that's the only issue I have. The rest of the solution is relatively user friendly.

The deployment is relatively fast. From creating a brand new workspace to actually using it can be done within a day, depending on how complex it is. I know within our organization they are basically forcing us now to move away from our servers to Vibe. That started in July and there has been a significant change over to Vibe. So it's still new but for a big organization like ours, it's actually impressive how quickly people moved over to Vibe.

We did the installation and deployment ourselves and, as an end user, it's been relatively user friendly. It doesn't take long to get familiar with the program, and if you know how it works, it becomes relatively easy to set up a workspace and save documents and edit it.

What other advice do I have?

If I have to rate this solution out of ten, I will give it a three. I think the biggest downside for me is really just the speed of execution. If that can be improved and then it would be a breeze.