Opvizor Review

Even moving the service over to another server can be done very easily. Although, having the ability to automate some things would be nice.

What is our primary use case?

How has it helped my organization?

Using this system, we have been able to use the deep analysis and apply fixes to hosts, and VMs etc., that has prevented downtime. It also helps to keep our environment running at its best by analyzing data every three hours to show new problems or issues.

What is most valuable?

The ability to analyze my virtual infrastructure data against a rule base of 730+ rules has been the most valuable. Also, having the ability to use statistics to show trends within the virtualization environment, and the application optimizer that analyzes things like your SQL VM to recommend performance enhancements.

What needs improvement?

Having the ability to automate some things would be nice but is not a requirement with the product today.

I've been using it for four months.

From day one, there have been no stability issues. Even moving the service over to another server can be done very easily.

There are no scalability issues as the software picks up any new hosts, VMs, networking, etc., when it runs the scheduled analysis.

Customer service is 10/10. The sales rep I dealt with was great and always stays in communication.

Technical Support is 10/10. They have a chat window, where you can start a chat after you log in to your server if you are having a problem. They even have a way to create a ticket from the login screen in the configured options, in which you can attach logs directly.

We did not have a solution in place and needed one to free up the VMware Administrator's time for other work which has helped.

It was very straightforward as you sign up, install a service on a server/workstation that can talk to Virtual Center, configure the Virtual Center settings and start the first analysis & upload.

It was implemented by the VMware Administrator since it was so straightforward.

ROI has been significant as it has freed up about 25% of the VMware Administrator's time.

There were no setup costs as the service was installed on an existing server and day-to-day costs are minimal.

We also evaluated VMTurbo and vCOPs.

What other advice do I have?

This solution is very intuitive and easy to use. Try it as you won't regret it.

Find out what your peers are saying about Opvizor, Turbonomic, VMware and others in Virtualization Management Tools. Updated: January 2021.
454,950 professionals have used our research since 2012.