Oracle Agile PLM Review

Helps to provide high availability and resolve performance issues, but the DR solution needs improvement

What is our primary use case?

Oracle Agile PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) is used to effectively manage product lifecycles, collaborate across design, supply chain partners, accelerate new product introduction and manage compliance. It provides a comprehensive solution to efficiently centralize product data, streamline processes, and launch quality products faster.

How has it helped my organization?

Oracle PLM Product has helped with effectively managing the product lifecycle and to achieve strategic objectives, improve quality, shorter time-to-volume, and regulatory compliance.

The software provides all of the tools the organization needs to efficiently and effectively implement the lifecycle process.

What is most valuable?

Oracle Agile PLM has many features and here I am listing few that are very useful for us.

• Multiple managed servers provide high availability at the service level and help to distribute the load.
  • Multiple file manager support helps to resolve key performance issues with file download and upload.

What needs improvement?

The Oracle Agile PLM disaster recovery solution is complex, and there is a lot of manual work involved when switching to the DR site. I would expect better for the DR solution in future releases. Also, it needs improvement in application proactive monitoring and health check-up.

Seven years.

In terms of the stability of this solution, my impression has been good.

The scalability is good.

Needs improvement

No, but have experience with Windchill PLM

Complex

Good

Good

What other advice do I have?

If you need a better product then you need to plan the budget accordingly.