Oracle Coherence Review

It is easy to use, scales without too much work, and provides failover recovery.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are ease of use, scalability without too much work, and failover recovery.

How has it helped my organization?

We were trying to get better performance of compute tasks previously developed on RDBMS to cache and it has improved the performance by a factor of 4.

What needs improvement?

I'd like to see:

• More documentation
  • Less/easier configuration
  • More IDE support or create a spring-boot starter

I have used this product for around six months.

I have not really encountered any stability issues. I was pleased with its fault tolerance.

I have not encountered any scalability issues either.

We have not made use of any technical support as of yet.

We tried several approaches towards our goal of performance improvement. This was the most likely solution and hence was used.

The tutorials helped, but I use NetBeans, so there was a learning curve, but nothing complicated.

The price is high. I believe there should be a cheaper version for only the caching solution.

We have not evaluated other caching products because this an Oracle product and the product/solution was from Oracle too. We tried some streaming alternatives like Spark, etc.

What other advice do I have?

The product is great, simple, and easy to use and integrate. See if your infrastructure supports it; if there are ways to make it work. Do a PoC before deciding.