Oracle Data Cloud Review
A simple command allows moving from the primary to secondary site and back, without data loss

What is our primary use case?

This product is used for building the DRP, for databases. We use it when there is a corruption on our main site.

What is most valuable?

It's very easy to use it. It's very hard to configure, but it's very easy to use.

What needs improvement?

There is a little bit of a problem that we are concerned about, where there is a gap happening between the primary and the DRP  - the product skips. We only found it when we move to the secondary site, the backup site.

I would also like them to make it easier. The creation process is very long. There is a very long cookbook that we needed to build. It requires the DBA to build it well, and when you don't build it well it causes a lot of problems. We would like this process to be more automatic.

The stability is very good.

It's easy to scale. The scalability is good.

Oracle does not provide very good support. It has been very bad support. I'm not talking about this product, I have not used technical support for this product. I'm talking about Oracle.

It takes them a long time to resolve problems, maybe months. Just in the last year, I opened four issues with Oracle that took them about four months to resolve. The problem is not that they have no knowledge, the problem is that we are moving from person to person, and it takes a long time until the problem gets to the right person.

What other advice do I have?

When selecting a vendor, what's important for me is very good support.

When compared with other products, this product is very good because it's easy to move from primary to secondary sites. With other products, you need to build everything from the base. With Oracle Data Cloud, you can move from the primary to the secondary and return back to the primary by a very simple command, and you never lose data. This is very important.