Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control Review

Users see the real-time behavior of the database and can diagnose where an issue may exist.

What is most valuable?

The performance feature is most valuable to me. It allows the user to see the real-time behavior of the database and diagnose where an issue may exist. It also has advisor functions that give recommendations on what to do to fix any problems with performance of the database.

How has it helped my organization?

The product has made it possible to reduce the size of the performance team and still be able to correctly monitor all the databases and fix issues quickly, resulting in fewer downtimes.

What needs improvement?

This product is a web-based tool and sometimes has conflicts with some web browsers. This can be improved to make it more compatible with most of the popular web browsers.

I have used it for two years.

I encountered no issues with stability of the product.

As the number of databases increased, the tool got a bit slower. Its response time increased with larger number of databases.

Oracle provides excellent technical support for the product.

I did not previously use a different product.

Initial set up seems a bit complex from the beginning. Because it’s a web-based tool, it requires proper configuration to function properly with the browser.

For all the real-time benefits you get from using the product, I can say it is worth the price for licensing.

Before choosing this product, I did not get the chance to evaluate other options.

What other advice do I have?

Take time to study how to use the product. It is very helpful, if it is put to maximum use.

12c
More Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, VMware, Apache and others in Cloud Management. Updated: September 2021.
536,244 professionals have used our research since 2012.