Oracle ERP Cloud Review

It is a reliable ERP product.

Valuable Features

In the market, there are only a few handfuls of products that are reliable ERP products. One is SAP, you have Oracle E-Business Suite, and you have a few other legacy products still available in the market. When we spun off the company from Agilent to Avago, Agilent was already in E-Business Suite. Straightaway, we moved our system. When we spun off the company as Avago, we deployed everything in E-Business Suite straightaway.

Room for Improvement

There are a lot of features they can enhance. That would take some time, to go into a very detailed level of the product, especially in the area of the user interface, functionality and collaboration. They could do a lot of things.

When it comes to support, there's definitely room for improvement. Initially, support was very tough. When it moved to U.S., we got better support, but there is a lot of room to improve the support.

Use of Solution

I have been using it for about ten years; nine-plus years.

Honestly, it's a very, very stable product. We have not seen any issues.

Of course, periodically, we may end up in some fixes and for that, we get support from Oracle to fix that. We have a support team available 24x7 team. We get good support from Oracle, as well as from our partners.

The EBS is scalable. We were three node: three node middle tier, three node in database, two node in external. We scaled up to four node: four node in internal, external, as well as database. Now we are in five node: Five-node middle tier, five-node external tier, and five-node RAC database cluster. Any time you scale up, the only downstream impact is required downtime.

When it comes to support from Oracle, over the last few months, I believe they have changed the worldwide support team structure. We're seeing some challenges in getting support, especially the first level support. With Oracle, if the person is not able to fix the issue, there's no such thing as delegating to the next level. We have that challenge.

Other challenges I’ve seen are cross-platform challenges. People from ERP and the people from hosting do not talk to each other. If you have some in-between issue – hosting-related issues end up with having issues in ERP – the two teams do not talk to each other internally. We ask them to talk to each other. We collaborate with both teams at same time. It is very difficult for us sometimes; it's challenging for us.

At the same time, we are using multiple products from Oracle. We have the Fusion stack, we have the ERP stack, we have the OBIEE stack, we have the IDM stack. Sometimes we have seen some challenges when comes to cross-application collaboration between the teams.

The initial setup, when we spun off, we were in 11.5.9, 11.5.10. Two years back, we upgraded from 11.5.10 to 12.1. Then, just a few months back we upgraded from 12.1 to 12.2. It's not straightforward; it's complex. It's a complex upgrade when it comes. Getting support from Oracle, especially related to this product, is a bit tough, very tough.

Other Advice

I definitely recommend it; the product is really good. There is no doubt this product is really good and scalable. One good part is the reverse engineering, the changes and all those things that comes with Oracle products; it's easy to do, easy to manage and easy to maintain also. I definitely recommend it, no doubt. The only thing is that I always have some challenge with the support; that will continue to be the case.