Oracle Product Hub Review

Different types of products can have different attributes in the master product record, but there seem to be deployment issues that require a reliable SI.

Valuable Features

The powerful attribution management capability, which allows different types of products to have different attributes in the master product record.

Improvements to My Organization

We implement it for other customers, but don't run it ourselves.

Room for Improvement

It has essentially been "frozen" by Oracle - they don't seem to be updating it any further. They seem to be investing in the Fusion product for new development.

Use of Solution

I've used it for several years.

There are always issues, but if you have a reliable system integration (SI) partner, and you know how to work with Oracle Support, there shouldn't be any serious issues.

It's very good.

It's very good.

I think the set up is going to be moderately complex for all MDM products. Oracle seems about average in terms of implementation complexity, compared to the other products I'm familiar with.

Implementation Team

We are an implementation vendor. Make sure you allocate enough resources, money and time for the implementation - it typically will total two and a half times the software license cost.

Other Advice

It is a solid, reliable product with a robust development history and good support behind them.